This certainly isn’t Fight Club, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t rules in place here in room 405.
1. Respect for everyone.
Sure, I’m your teacher, it’s a given that you should respect me, but you also need to have respect for your classmates.
2. No food or drinks should be out in class. Unless it is water, please keep it in your backpack.
There is nothing worse than walking around the classroom and seeing empty bags of chips or candy just laying around. I know hunger can strike at any moment, but please refrain from eating in class.
3. Keep all electronics turned off, on silent, and put away.
If I see your cell phone out, I might give you fair warning, but chances are it will end up in the cookie jar until after school. Please keep it out of sight during class.
4. No foul language! Ever!
Foul language has no place on campus, much less in my classroom.
5. No littering! Pick up your trash.
There are two trash cans in class, which means that you can easily throw stuff away.
6. Come to class prepared! Bring all your materials.
How can you write that surprise in class essay, if you don’t have a pen? Always bring your materials. Its just easier that way.
7. One person speaks at a time. Raise your hand and remember rule number 1.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that is why we respect what others have to say. Remember that.
8. Respect the materials. No writing in books, on desks, or wasting supplies.
When we have projects, I usually supply paper and other essentials. So please only take what you plan to use. Also, even though doodling is tempting, please don’t doodle on the books or on the desk.
9. No cheating, copying, etc. Do your own work. Be original.
This is a campus-wide rule. Its always nice to express original thoughts, so be yourself! Don’t copy off your friends, classmates, or the internet. Do your own work.